cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClarkyPA365
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error message displaying which is contradicting. Issue with Office365User connector and AD

Hi,

My organisation as recently changed it's email domain name and this seems to have affected one of the PowerApps that our HR department use.

Part of the security only the Line manager can submit a request for a changes to one of the staff members contract.  (Hours, pay, promotion, etc.)  Part of the logic uses the Office365User connector and if the name and email match that of the managers name, email then they can submit a form.  If it doesn't an error message appears stating that you cannot submit the request.

Checked our SAP and Azure AD and the emails for all employees are displaying the new domain name

ClarkyPA365_1-1662450190057.png

Since the change this error message is appearing for when the manager is the manager for the selected staff member??

The strange think is it's not happening for everyone, but can't find a discrepancy between them?

I've removed the Office365User and Office365Outlook connector and re-connected them hoping this will push the changes through.

13 REPLIES 13
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @ClarkyPA365 ,

Assuming _UserEmail is a global variable, you can also include Lower() when setting the value:

Set(_UserEmail, Lower(User().Email))

Like this you don't have to include the Lower() function when referencing the variabele.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi,

So if changed in the one place, Global Variable it will filter through the app so don't need to change or scroll through the app to add this in??

Sorry just need to change it here

ClarkyPA365_0-1662622843104.png

ClarkyPA365_1-1662622910566.png

or in the App Onselect also??

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @ClarkyPA365 ,

I see there are three places where you defin the varialbe, so you have to adjust all three.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @BCBuizer 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,127)