Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JayDee Helper II
Helper II

Error message: "The access token expiry UTC time"

Hello,

I have built an Application from a SharePoint list. The below error occurs fairly randomly (At least I've not been able to figure out it's consistency)

You then have to close the application fully (PowerApps itself) and relaunch to gain access back to the application that I have built.

This issue with this, is that the Load/SaveData functions do not work through this error. If i save a collection and then the below error occurs, I cannot then load the savedData as it does not recognise the file name.

The error only occurs when using an Android 5.1 device. It does not reappear when using an IOS or later version of Android.

The error reads:

Didn't install

You don't have permission to open this app.

The access token expiry UTC time '16/05/2017 09:09:34' is earlier than current UTC time '16/05/2017 10:53:58'.

Session ID: 8f2e 1009-6cfd-01cf-d7a1-0cc294303250

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Error message: "The access token expiry UTC time"

Hi @JayDee,

Thank you for your patience. @davidni brought this to our attention and we have investigated the issue.

There seems to be an issue with our stored authentication token. Looking at our telemetry, this issue is not common. However as you have noticed, it seems to affect some platforms/versions more than others. In the coming updates, we will be rolling out a new authentication library version that contains some Android bug fixes as well as added telemetry. We’re hoping this will address the issue you are seeing. At the same time, we are tracking the issue you are hitting in a separate bug that we will continue to track and investigate.

For now, the best workaround is to restart PowerApps when you are affected by this issue. Also, if possible, use later versions of Android since you are not hitting this issue as often on later versions.

Thank you,

Allen

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JayDee,

How are your LoadData/SaveData functions configured?

Can other apps without LoadData/SaveData function be opened on Android 5.1 properly?

From this documentation about “Use PowerApps on a phone or a tablet”, we know that Android version 5 and above are supported by PowerApps. What’s the PowerApps version on your Android 5.1 device?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JayDee Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-yamao-msft

Thanks for the response.

After further testing over night, it appears that the saveData and LoadData do work even if the application has timed out.

I will be doing more testing today / tomorrow to confirm that this is the case.

The timeout of the device seems to be approximately an hour and doesn't depend on whether you are using the device or not.

I am using version 2.0.630 on Android version 5.1.1 - Galaxy Tab A6 

The Load and Save Data functions work correctly on all other operating sytems that I have tested, being IOS 10.3.1 (Both iPhone and iPad) and an Android version 7 MotoG4.

Once the PowerApps time out has occured on the device, I get the following error messages. Loading the App without a connection, then re-establishing a network connection on my device, brings up this error message within the Application:

InkedScreenshot_2017-05-17-09-10-34_LI (3).jpg

When attempting to sync a record that has been stored offline, I receive this error:

InkedScreenshot_2017-05-17-09-11-38_LI (2).jpg

When attempting to "refresh" the data source, I get this error message:

InkedScreenshot_2017-05-17-09-12-21_LI (2).jpg

The "You are working online" test above uses the Connection.Connected boolean, as you can see, the tablet has a valid network connection, it has just seemingly timed out from it's connection to the Data Source.

I get the following error message if i close this specific application by swiping in from the left and then attempting to relaunch the app:

laoding image 2 (2).jpg

To resolve this issue, I have to close the individual application, and PowerApps itself on the device. By relaunching PowerApps, it seems to refresh it's connection to the data source and then lets you select this specific application.

I hope that helps you a bit, please let me know if you need any more information, this timeout issue is causing issues with development.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jason Dennehy

Community Support
Community Support

Hi JayDee,

Thanks for your detailed information.

I guess that this thread could be a reference for you. Please check this link:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Powerapp-timeout/td-p/15194

Staff @davidni said that currently we have a limit on session duration of about 2 hours, so I assume that the issue you are experiencing should be the same cause.

I have seen an idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum, you could vote the idea and comment it at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Renew-the-timer-on-Web-Apps/idi-p/14600

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Power Apps
Power Apps

@JayDee,

I have looped in the right team to help you troubleshoot this.

The time limit of about 2 hours that @v-yamao-msft mentioned applies to the PowerApps Web Authoring experience (that's where you go to create a PowerApp in your browser, at https://create.powerapps.com, but it doesn't seem related to your issue since you weren't using Web Authoring -- Our logs indicate that you were using the mobile app for Android in this case. Please advise if that's not the case.

Regards,

David Nissimoff [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff
JayDee Helper II
Helper II

Good morning @davidni,

You are absolutely correct, we are using an Android mobile phone when we get the above error messages.

Thanks for looping the right team in. Please let me know if there's anything more you need from me.

Kind regards,

Jason Dennehy 

JayDee Helper II
Helper II

Hi @davidni

Is it possible to get an update on this?

I've not had any contact since so I don't think anything is pending from my side but just wanted to check.

Thanks,

Jason

Power Apps
Power Apps

I notified the team again, thank you for your patience!

David Nissimoff [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff
JayDee Helper II
Helper II

Hi @davidni

Would it be possible for you to confirm whether this is being worked on?

There has not been an update to this and was just wondering if there is an ETA for a resolution?

It's currently being used within a business process but the timeout is causing some issues, so we could look for an alternative method.

Thanks in advance for your help and apologies for chasing!

Kind regards,

Jason

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @JayDee,

Thank you for your patience. @davidni brought this to our attention and we have investigated the issue.

There seems to be an issue with our stored authentication token. Looking at our telemetry, this issue is not common. However as you have noticed, it seems to affect some platforms/versions more than others. In the coming updates, we will be rolling out a new authentication library version that contains some Android bug fixes as well as added telemetry. We’re hoping this will address the issue you are seeing. At the same time, we are tracking the issue you are hitting in a separate bug that we will continue to track and investigate.

For now, the best workaround is to restart PowerApps when you are affected by this issue. Also, if possible, use later versions of Android since you are not hitting this issue as often on later versions.

Thank you,

Allen

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,715)