cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error on Gallery connected with SQL Server database

Cannot read property 'updateData' of undefined

Randomnly get this error on my gallery, which is connected with the table of SQL Server database.

Gallery is being filtered based on selections from comboboxes.

Usually get this error, when all comboboxes are cleared and gallery shows whole table.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error on Gallery connected with SQL Server database

Could you please share the items property of the Gallery?

Besides, what is the "updateData" mentioned in the error message?

For the Items property of the Gallery control, we could write the formula in the format below:

If(IsEmpty(ComboBox.selectedItems),

[dbo].[TableName],

filter([dbo].[TableName], expression)

)

Let me know if the format above works.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pulsebeat
Level: Powered On

I am also now getting this error - "cannot read property 'updatedata' of undefined". 

It is intermittent.  Basically, a single field is being updated in a SQL table using Patch and the gallery is refreshed.  I can perform action 10 times without seeing error, then, bingo.  App is in release 3.18082.42.

MorningMusic

pulsebeat, did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm encountering the exact same issue...very frustrating.

Thanks!

pulsebeat

Sorry, but don't remember as it is about a year ago.  My guess is that it just went away.  If I found a solution I would have posted it.  But I will think on it for a while and see if something comes to mind.  

EdwardAhn

Just got this error as well. Also using Azure SQL. I don't have any galleries linked to unfiltered tables, however.

MorningMusic

@EdwardAhn , are you having trouble with a Patch function? My issue was related to trying to patch values from a form, but I was submitting the form and then patching in the "On Success" property.  Problem was at that point, the form had already been submitted and cleared so the value was gone.  

My fix was to write the fields I needed to patch to variables in the "Submit" button control before I submitted the form.  Then use the variables in the Patch function instead of having the Patch function refer directly to the form (or maybe gallery in your case?)  Hope that helps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,739)