Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoreira_myp
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Error on Image using URL

Hi,

I'm having a problem using images with URL.

I'm using a Azure Blob Storage to store the images, and my storage can be read by the public (read access to blobs).

The problem is when I update the image on blob, the old image is replaced with the new, so the new has the SAME URL... But in PowerApps it won't update! You should either develop an Reset function on the image or something, because is not requesting the new image, even if the image is in a Form!!!!!

Resolve this mess, because this is'nt the only problem I'm getting since the last 2 updates... This is very frustating!!!

Best regards,

Jorge Moreira

11 REPLIES 11

I'm just guessing, but maybe PowerApps saves it in cache and don't update everytime the request is made...

zYx
Frequent Visitor

@AndyPennell wrote:

Try adding a fake query param to the uri when you need to refresh it, eg

Concatenate(FileURL, "?fake=", Text(number_that_changes))

Azure will ignore the query param, but PA will update the uri whenever number_that_changes is updated. 

I too had a problem displaying an image that I wanted to update via my FTP server without touching PowerApps or even SharePoint.

This actually worked for me (at the moment), using random GUID() 

Concatenate("FileURL", "?fake=", Text(GUID()))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,322)