cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Error opening application - did I lose my app??

Unbelievable... After succesful deployment I tried to edit the application and I can't as I get the bellow error on all devices, all browsers and the application automatically closes... so can I no longer edit it ?PastedGraphic-2.png

5 REPLIES 5
sarafankit
Power Apps
Power Apps

@bdodu - Sorry that you ran into this issue. To help understand what may have caused this issue, can you please provide some additional information.

1. Please provide the session id from PowerApps. You can get this under Accounts>Diagnostics>Session details

2. If you can unable to get the session id, please provide the app id. It will be the GUID in the url when running the app on browser: https://tip1.web.powerapps.com/apps/[APP ID here]

If a previous version of your app was working, please try to restore it again. You will loose the changes between the previous version and the current version.

bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello

Is it 53fe5998-e9f6-b229-953a-ad7996ea8c6a ?

I am not sure I collect it corectly as my link is the following:

https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?source=portal&screenColor=rgba(105%2c+180%2c+69%2c+1)&appId=...

I cannot start the last version of the application any longer and I got the link by restoring the app to the last working version as suggested by you. The app is now working I lost just 8 working days without being able to recover my work or at least to understand what happened.

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing the information.

We understand that you depend on us for providing a reliable service and we do take issues with our reliability with utmost priority. We already have engineers looking into this issue and will try to figure out the root cause and fix it permanently.

We will also look at improving the experience to prompt you for restoring to a previous version if we fail to load the app.

bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thank you, may be it helps to let you know I have used a custom API? Which was working as expected of course, however something crashed inside the app and the problem is that cannot be recovered.

It seems Saving al the time the work in multiple versions is finally a good protection.

Thanks for the additional information. But the logs dont point towards custom api, you should be safe to use them.

These kind of app corruption/crash bugs are extremely rare and very hard to trace, we will find it and fix it though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,412)