cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Error opening file

I am getting error message when i attempt to open the file for editing.  but the published version still works.  I have done everything even rolling back several versions still no not working for editing?

Thanks

ERROR OPENING APP.png

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @WarrenBelz 

We figure now, after hard days of looking solution and here is how we fix it and future reference any body got this issue you can fellow this easy way to get out

Go to Account at powerApps and click Change authoring version.

1-  PowerApp version not the your App to older version then sign out completely .

2- Sign in again run the App, it will fail but dont worry, close error message.

3- Now upgrade Powerapp the newest version, it should work now.

I hope this helps others.

Authoring change.png

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Ramole ,

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft.

Also have you tried doing this on a different browser?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I have already report the issue but theyre not willing to help as see, i think i have lost all my hard work building my apps and strange thing is all the apps i work hard not working for editing but the one useless works, i am disappointed.

Thanks  

Thank you

@Ramole ,

Have you tried the following

• Save As to the local drive and then try to open it by browsing to it and saving as another name. 
  • Export as a package and then import
  • Do both the above but with a different user account
  • Same, but in a different environment

Hi @WarrenBelz 

When i try to export this what comes up Could not find connection '7fa1445630834fce81dd659bc1aed7d6' for API 'shared_onedriveforbusiness'.

Thank you

@Ramole ,

Is this an Excel backend?

SharePoint

Thank you

@Ramole ,

I am not sure this helps, but the error is looking for a OneDrive for business connection, and an Excel file data source would normally be the reason for this.

Also I now realise Save As will not work as you have to open it first.

With Microsoft support, surely if an app is working, they should be able to retrieve the code?

Also you have mentioned you have previous versions - have you tried restoring any of these and see if they export?

This is only helpful for the future, but I export apps after every change and catalogue them both in a SharePoint Library and off-cloud.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

We figure now, after hard days of looking solution and here is how we fix it and future reference any body got this issue you can fellow this easy way to get out

Go to Account at powerApps and click Change authoring version.

1-  PowerApp version not the your App to older version then sign out completely .

2- Sign in again run the App, it will fail but dont worry, close error message.

3- Now upgrade Powerapp the newest version, it should work now.

I hope this helps others.

Authoring change.png

Thank you

View solution in original post

Thanks @Ramole ,

I have never struck the problem, but do recall something about authoring versions on a post some time ago.

It would also be good to document how to do this (it is in the Account settings) once the app is closed (or also when the app is open if you can open it)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,481)