cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattyH
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Error reported in Edit Form Submission

I am trying to create my first Edit Form, and have an issue when trying to submit the completed form.

The following message comes up, and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

The requested operation is invalid.

Server Response: ')' or ',' expected at position 10 in 'New Account'

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
MattyH
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Further to the previous posts, I have now got past the Error at position 9 as previously reported, by removing a LookUp function.

However, I am now getting a Server Error whenever a new record is submitted.  Looking back on previous discussions, this was reported as coming up when excessive LookUp functions were used, but I am getting it in an Edit Form where only 1 is used, so this must be something else, I suppose.

Can anyone help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @timl could you review the latest post by @MattyH and advise if you have a solution?

@Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not quite sure what the answer to this is.

@MattyH - is this the same issue as the 'duplicate record' problem that you mentioned here, or is it a separate problem?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Error-in-Position-9/m-p/201937#M64980

MattyH
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

My apologies, I should have closed this, but forgot about it.

I have, more by luck than judgement, solved it myself.

As it turns out, one of the required fields in the edit form was automatically filling, so when the user added another entry into the same field, it would not save.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,530)