cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oskarkuus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error running flow From powerapps? Need help to translate what this means?!

I am running a flow from my powerapps using a button.

I get this strange error that i dont know what it means.

Anyone able to help me fix this issues?

The flow works just fine running, it is only in powerapps i get the error.

Uploaded some screenshots.

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Oskarkuus 

1- Is the flow getting called? You cna check the flow run history

2- What is they type of value you are returning from Flow to PowerApps (since in PowerApps you are setting a variable)

3- Does the Flow require any data from PowerApps?

Uploaded a screen of my flow.

I actually thought i could decide my own variable data storage, so all are text.

Some are genereated by calculations using variables in flow

Some are generated using compose and a filter from get items sharepoint list.

I do get a result posted to Teams that is my test

the error comes in powerapps

No data is collected from powerapps, only from my sharepoint lists.

Flow is getting called in the logs.

Something that worries me is that the error message from flow talks about an error because a timelimit.

Uploaded a picture on it, even tho it is only in swedish:S

Can the flow be to long/large and take to much time to run for powerapps?

I found this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Respond-to-PowerApps-Timeout/td-p/34...

My flow takes 4-5 mins to run. So this will not work?

Seems so much work to do a few calculations on a large data set.... Now i need to create a new sharepoint list and store the result in that one instead of sending to powerapps and then bring in the result to powerapps from a datasource?

Hi @Oskarkuus ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to get the returned result from your flow within your app?

Based on the flow's screenshot you provided, I could not find any configuration issue with it. According to the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that you have faced a Time out error with the "Respond to a PowerApps or a flow" action in your flow.

As an alternative solution, please consider merge your "Compose" action output and Variable output into a Table value in your flow, then send the merged table value back to your app using "HTTP-Response" action instead of "Respond to a PowerApps or a flow" action, then within your app, re-create a new connection to your flow, check if the issue is solved.

More details about returning a Table value back to PowerApps app from a flow, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-an-array-from-flow-to-powerapps-response-method/

Note: Please make sure your Network is in a good condition. The Network state would also affect the HTTP response speed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (990)