cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
irawan
Level: Powered On

Error saving sharepoint list powerapps form

Hi, I am modifying my Sharepoint List PowerApp form. When I try to save it I'm receiving this message:

{"error":{"code":"InternalServerError","message":"Encountered internal server error. The tracking Id is '4a494487-917e-4267-8f87-3b5226c22ffc'."}}

Session ID: 95624304-3af7-4323-85b7-468263e51c0a

This is not the first save, but the 4th save. When I tried to restore it to another version, I'm receiving another message :

Restore failed. Encountered internal server error. The tracking Id is '4da5c937-09d6-402a-905e-c6770b749d92'.

I try to reproduce it with creating other custom list and modify the form, but the other custom list didn't have error message when saving the form.

I have found another same issues on this forum, but it was happened on 2018 and the solutions is because there was an issues from Microsoft. Does this issue happening again ? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stormea
Level 8

Re: Error saving sharepoint list powerapps form

Hello,

Yes usually when you receive an error as generic as the internal server error In my experience this is typically something that Microsoft is working through and resolves in due time. That said they typically don't last longer than a couple of hours (at the very very worst).

I did see on other posts today that other users were having trouble this morning with PowerApps returning errors of this sort. For me being in the Central US I seem to not be noticing any issues.

If you would like to do some validation, I would attempt a few things:

1. Close the app and re-open. Smiley Wink Also validate if the data being pulled is visible and the form is failing or if both things are failing that would re-affirm that it's Microsoft. If you can pull data but can't submit data just through the form this may more be an issue with your form logic / configuration.
  2. Create a quick dummy form / use a Patch() function to quickly test if you could submit data to the data source.
    Patch(
        'List Name',
        Defaults('List Name'), /* defaults for the list to create a NEW item */
        {
            Internal_x0020_Name:"Some value for this field",
            OtherFieldName:"Some of other value"
        }
    )
    If this returns the same error then most likely it is Microsoft. If you can submit and doesn't return any errors then most likely it is an issue with your form's configuration and may have a dataField name mis-match on one of the cards potentially.
  3. If the first option doesn't produce anything different then I'd say next would be to use the "model-from data" functionality that PowerApps offers to build out a OOTB app from your data. You can find this button either on the SPO Modern List View (PowerApps > Create App) or from the PowerApps Dashboard page. The idea is creating a new app and seeing if it's just bound to your app or any app connecting to that data source.

Hopefully one of those options helps / Microsoft resolved any server side issues already.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stormea
Level 8

Hello,

Yes usually when you receive an error as generic as the internal server error In my experience this is typically something that Microsoft is working through and resolves in due time. That said they typically don't last longer than a couple of hours (at the very very worst).

I did see on other posts today that other users were having trouble this morning with PowerApps returning errors of this sort. For me being in the Central US I seem to not be noticing any issues.

If you would like to do some validation, I would attempt a few things:

1. Close the app and re-open. Smiley Wink Also validate if the data being pulled is visible and the form is failing or if both things are failing that would re-affirm that it's Microsoft. If you can pull data but can't submit data just through the form this may more be an issue with your form logic / configuration.
  2. Create a quick dummy form / use a Patch() function to quickly test if you could submit data to the data source.
    Patch(
        'List Name',
        Defaults('List Name'), /* defaults for the list to create a NEW item */
        {
            Internal_x0020_Name:"Some value for this field",
            OtherFieldName:"Some of other value"
        }
    )
    If this returns the same error then most likely it is Microsoft. If you can submit and doesn't return any errors then most likely it is an issue with your form's configuration and may have a dataField name mis-match on one of the cards potentially.
  3. If the first option doesn't produce anything different then I'd say next would be to use the "model-from data" functionality that PowerApps offers to build out a OOTB app from your data. You can find this button either on the SPO Modern List View (PowerApps > Create App) or from the PowerApps Dashboard page. The idea is creating a new app and seeing if it's just bound to your app or any app connecting to that data source.

Hopefully one of those options helps / Microsoft resolved any server side issues already.

View solution in original post

irawan
Level: Powered On

Hi stormea,  thx for the reply.

Just as you said, I just need to wait. But because I dont have the patience to wait for some few hours and try to save it again, I just tried modify and saving it today, and it works. No more errors and I dont even do anything. Thx Obama 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,892)