cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dries
Level: Powered On

Error service limitations

Can't find out the problem with this sharepoint list and Powerapps.

Browsegallery:

SortByColumns(Filter(Meals; (Date>=Today())); "Date"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

Error: Part of this Filter formula cannot be evaluated remotely due to service limitations. The local evaluation may produce suboptimal or partial results. If possible, please simplify the formula. For more information, please see the LookUp function documentation.

The Date>= is underlined in blue.

Can I get around the 500 limit? Or is that not the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Error service limitations

Hi @dries

The problem here is that SharePoint has a very limited number of delegable operators. According to the documentation, the only delegable operators are =, 'And', 'Or', and 'StartsWith'. The >= operator is not supported, hence the error.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-list

Given this limitation, it would be difficult to overcome the 500 row limit. You could increase the delegable row limit to 2000, which might help you slightly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @dries

The problem here is that SharePoint has a very limited number of delegable operators. According to the documentation, the only delegable operators are =, 'And', 'Or', and 'StartsWith'. The >= operator is not supported, hence the error.

Given this limitation, it would be difficult to overcome the 500 row limit. You could increase the delegable row limit to 2000, which might help you slightly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  

I recently tried to filter CHOICE and TRUE/FALSE columns of a SharePoint list that is longer than 500 rows, and it did not work - despite increasing the row limit to 2000.

I used a simple function like

ClearCollect(CollectionName, Filter('SharePointList', IsPhysical <> false, Region = "North America" ))

This did not work specifically for choice and true/false columns being filtered, using Region = "North America" by itself worked fine.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dries,

Could you please share a screenshot of your issue?

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side (The blue dot suggestions is shown up). I agree with @timl's thought almost, this issue is related to the delegable operators the SharePoint data source supported.

The ">=" delegable operator is not supported in SharePoint data source currently, SharePoint data source only support "=", "And", "Or" and "Starts With" delegable predicates. More details about the delegable predicates the SharePoint data source support currently, please check the following article:

Currently, we could increse the Non-delegable limits to a maximum of 2000. More details about changing the limits, please check the following article:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-data-row-limit-for-non-delegable-queries/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,318)