cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter
Level: Powered On

Error text value too long

I have a text field set to multiple lines in an app and a corresponding text field set to text area with a limit of 2048 characters. When I fill in the field with more than 128 characters and I choose "Save" the app gives an error that teh text string is too large. U cabn find the error in the attachments. The contence of the text field is written to the CDS entity with a Path-command. The original entity was created in the first version of CDS andwas converted to the latest version after the update. Wat could possibly be wrong since the field in the app and the field in the entity can store more than 128 characters. In the attachments u can see the error and the fields.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Error text value too long

Hi @Walter , 

Ensure that all the customization to the entities are published. If they are not published, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1) Navigate to PowerApps portal.
2) Select Solutions from the left menu item.
3) Select the solution, where your entity exist.
4) Verify the entity that it has correct data.
5) Now select "Publish All Customizations" from the top menu.

Once done, please try to refresh your data source. I think refresh should resolve your issue.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Walter

Wow thx a lot. My problem was solved!

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Walter , 

Ensure that all the customization to the entities are published. If they are not published, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1) Navigate to PowerApps portal.
2) Select Solutions from the left menu item.
3) Select the solution, where your entity exist.
4) Verify the entity that it has correct data.
5) Now select "Publish All Customizations" from the top menu.

Once done, please try to refresh your data source. I think refresh should resolve your issue.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Walter

Wow thx a lot. My problem was solved!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,933)