Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GenericoName
Helper II
Helper II

Error when connecting PowerApp to Excel source on SharePoint

Hi again everyone,

When trying to connect my PowerApp to an Excel source on SharePoint I get the following error:

A value must be provided for data set
clientRequestId: fc2224c4-d1a0-4245-ae29-3eaa841d97bb

Session ID: 5937f847-1190-47a3-b32f-6fc592fc26dc

I found another post on here with the solution being to get rid of any formulas on your table, but my table doesn't have any formulas so I'm not quite sure why it's not working. It works with OneDrive just fine, but the PowerApp is going to be used by multiple people across different organisations so OneDrive is impractical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GenericoName,

Do you want to access the data from the Excel file storing on the SharePoint Document Library?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, PowerApps could only get access to a SharePoint list or Library metadata like Created. So, if you want to connect to the Excel file stored on the SharePoint site, I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this in PowerApps.

The Excel file data could be accessed using OneDrive rather than the SharePoint site.

Here is a similar idea you can vote for:

Create App from Excel file stored on SharePoint - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GenericoName,

Do you want to access the data from the Excel file storing on the SharePoint Document Library?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, PowerApps could only get access to a SharePoint list or Library metadata like Created. So, if you want to connect to the Excel file stored on the SharePoint site, I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this in PowerApps.

The Excel file data could be accessed using OneDrive rather than the SharePoint site.

Here is a similar idea you can vote for:

Create App from Excel file stored on SharePoint - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Yes, I was planning on accessing data from the Excel file. Thank you for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,728)