cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRFitness

Error when parsing PowerApps collection within Power Automate - "Failed to parse invoker connections from trigger 'manual' outputs."

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this. (There's a PowerApp and PowerAutomate flow associated which I'm having issues with)

I've built a solution within PowerApps and PowerAutomate whereby a customer can use a Pen Input to write their signature. That signature is then converted to JSON and triggers a PowerAutomate flow which adds it into a pre-written HTML template to create a signed document by the customer.

I've used the following code to convert the pen input into JSON: "PenInput1.Image, JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData"

This all works absolutely fine, it's tested and works flawlessly.

What I'm now trying to do is capture the pen input JSON/Binary Data data into a collection within PowerApps along with the customer name which is recorded in a Text Input. (Example of collection below). My intention behind this is because I want to send multiple values from PowerApps into PowerAutomate.

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 22.51.54.png

I then have a button in the App which triggers a flow called 'Molly App - Data' using the following code:

'MollyApp-Data'.Run(JSON(custData));

Within the flow, there's a Parse JSON command which parses the 'cust_name' and 'cust_sig' values from the collection in PowerApps.

If I test this flow (without it creating any kind of documents), it runs successfully and even adds the values from the collecton into variables:

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 23.03.36.png

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 23.05.53.png

From here, all I want to do is retrieve the values from the variables (or straight from the Parsed JSON above) and create some files. 

As an example, lets say I want to create a .jpg file in OneDrive using the 'cust_sig' data as the file content and the 'cust_name' as the file name.

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 23.11.22.png

If I then press the button in PowerApps to run this flow, I'm greeted with the following error IN POWERAPPS:

(Apologies for the bad quality, had to take the photo on my mobile)

20220726_231433.jpeg

What I don't understand is - Why does the flow run perfectly fine up until I try to add a 'Create File' action? Why does PowerApps not like the flow if it tries to create a file?

I've tried different variations of 'Create File' but nothing seems to work and I'm completely stuck wrapping my head around this. The second I remove the 'Create File' action from the flow, the PowerApps button and corresponding flow run perfectly fine again.

Any advice?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, after you added the OneDrive activity, have you either "Refreshed" the Flow connection in PowerApps? Or if you don't see a refresh option, remove the flow and add it back in?

If the Flow was added to PowerApps before you added the OneDrive activitiy, then the connection to OneDrive will not be established on the PowerApps side.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, after you added the OneDrive activity, have you either "Refreshed" the Flow connection in PowerApps? Or if you don't see a refresh option, remove the flow and add it back in?

If the Flow was added to PowerApps before you added the OneDrive activitiy, then the connection to OneDrive will not be established on the PowerApps side.

Yep, that worked. I feel so stupid not realising the flows needed to be refreshed within PowerApps everytime they're changed.

Thank you!

It would be nice if they pushed notifications to PowerApps, or just refreshed them automatically.... But just one of those things you have to remember 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,518)