cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anon23u9412
Frequent Visitor

Error when trying to join 2 SharePoint Lists in a gallery

I am trying to include the CoE data (A multi-value LookUp column from another table) along with the relevant data taken from 'Employee_Skill - MySkills'. I will be using the CoE values to filter this data.

I understand that the way to join lists like this is to use AddColumns and Lookup however I'm getting the error:

'Incompatible types for comparison. These types can't be compared: Number, Table.'

anon23u9412_0-1660232058806.png

Employee_Skill - MySkills

anon23u9412_2-1660232283276.png

Skill is a LookUp value taken from 'Skills - MySkills' and User_ID is my email

Skills - MySkills 

anon23u9412_1-1660232160737.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On button Onselect, i tried below formula and it worked for me - 

Clear(colTP1);Clear(colTP2); Collect(colTP1, AddColumns(EmployeeSkills, "IDNew", ID)); Collect(colTP2, AddColumns(colTP1, "ColumnNewName", LookUp(SkillsList, Title = LookUp(EmployeeSkills, ID=IDNew).Skill.Value, CoE)))
In above formula,

EmployeeSkills is 'Employee_Skill - MySkills'

and SkillsList is Skills - MySkills'

Now you can use colTP2 collect in your gallery and add a label to it

On Text property of label you can add below formula to check -

Concat(ThisItem.ColumnNewName.Value, Value, ",")

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Can you please share the formula in which you are getting error.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

AddColumns(Filter('Employee_Skill - MySkills', Title=User().Email), "CoE", LookUp('Skills - MySkills', ID = 'Employee_Skill - MySkills'.'Skill: ID', CoE))

On button Onselect, i tried below formula and it worked for me - 

Clear(colTP1);Clear(colTP2); Collect(colTP1, AddColumns(EmployeeSkills, "IDNew", ID)); Collect(colTP2, AddColumns(colTP1, "ColumnNewName", LookUp(SkillsList, Title = LookUp(EmployeeSkills, ID=IDNew).Skill.Value, CoE)))
In above formula,

EmployeeSkills is 'Employee_Skill - MySkills'

and SkillsList is Skills - MySkills'

Now you can use colTP2 collect in your gallery and add a label to it

On Text property of label you can add below formula to check -

Concat(ThisItem.ColumnNewName.Value, Value, ",")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,224)