cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deeman
Frequent Visitor

Error when trying to retrieve data from network

Hi guys,

I am in need of your expertise as I am quite stumped on this. We have a PowerApp that for all intents and purposes was working quite happily around a month ago with no issues ( version 3.21085.24). The last 2 weeks, we have been experiencing a slow down of the app until last week Friday where it has completely now become unusable (current version 3.21094.25). 

In the past month I only added an extra sharepoint list to the PowerApp, and have begun optimising some bad code so you would think the experience should have improved with optmisations. I restored a version of the PowerApp to 8 weeks ago where I know for a fact we had no issues - however even on that version we are still experiencing a massive slow down on retrieving data.

I parse through all data from sharepoint to a collect first before displaying results, there are no instances of displaying data directly from a sharepoint library.

According to our network team, no ports were blocked recently in the firewall to prevent this from happening.

The error message I get from from the Monitor is " Error when trying to retrieve data from network".

Any guidelines would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need more info or data or screengrabs

thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
rahulsk1406
Frequent Visitor

In my case password for the sql user was reset by IT team. Went to the connections, updated the password using which SQL connector was created (using sql authentication) and it worked.

deeman
Frequent Visitor

I am so sorry for the very late reply! Did you manage to find what you were looking for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,209)