cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon93
Frequent Visitor

Error with recognising column from SharePoint data with dropdown function

Hello all,

I am having a strange issue, when i am trying to search for a column using Choices('YourSPList'.ChoiceColumn) forumla, it just will not recognise any column from my SharePoint list, the column want it to pick up is department so i can choose from the different choices of departments in the Drop down menu, please see error below:

Simon93_1-1665327819783.png

Appreciate any help please

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Simon93 

Very unusual.  For a test, put an edit form on the screen, In the right hand side, select 'Issue Tracker' as the data source and set the display mode property to new.  It should populate with all the columns including the Choice column for department.  Check out the dropdown control and look at the items property. If it works, copy that control and replace the one on your screenshot with it.  You can then delete the edit form.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much after hours of confusion and restlessness, that seems to have done the job, the problem seemed to have stemmed from the issue of somebody changing the column name which i was unaware of. Much appreciated !!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Simon93 

What does Intellesense suggest when  you type Choices('Issue Tracker'.

You should get a list of fields to pick from.  If you have renamed a column, you may need to use its original name.

Simon93
Frequent Visitor

Hi thanks for the reply, After 'Issue Tracker'. i don't get any option form my column fields for some reason

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Simon93 

Very unusual.  For a test, put an edit form on the screen, In the right hand side, select 'Issue Tracker' as the data source and set the display mode property to new.  It should populate with all the columns including the Choice column for department.  Check out the dropdown control and look at the items property. If it works, copy that control and replace the one on your screenshot with it.  You can then delete the edit form.

Thank you so much after hours of confusion and restlessness, that seems to have done the job, the problem seemed to have stemmed from the issue of somebody changing the column name which i was unaware of. Much appreciated !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,376)