cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gargoolgala
Resolver II
Resolver II

Errors function not working????

Hi - I am attempting to use the errors function in PA.

I have a sharepoint list using the following command to PAtch updates t othe list. 

Patch('Secure Print Assessments',First(Filter('Secure Print Assessments', ID=CustomerGallery.Selected.ID)),GAForm.Updates))

This seems to work fine as I can update the record.  I do have some required fields in the SP List.  I have made them required in the SP List and also in set as True in the Data Card on the form.

I have created a label and added in the folowing as its Text

First(Errors('Secure Print Assessments',First(Filter('Secure Print Assessments', ID=CustomerGallery.Selected.ID)))).Message

My problem is that nothing shows in this label after doing the Patch - I have made sure there is nothing in the required field. I have set the borderColor to If(IsBlank(dcvOppID.Text),Red,RGBA(0, 150,214, 1)).  When it is empty it has a red border and a blue when it has an entry.

A couple of questions - does the Form.Updates option only look for changes? e,g, if it was already empty but I changed nothing would it see no changes and therefore not do the Patch?  I have tried adding an entry and saving it and then removing it but still no luck.

How does the errors table get populated? Can I access it anywhere to check it? I am assuming that the ErrorKind.MissingRequired should be triggered when I use Patch but there is no value - is this a correct assumption?

Any assistance is appreciated as I have followed the Errors documentation here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-errors but cannot get it working.

I have also tried using the EditRecord as a Context field but I get errors if  I do not use ID=CustomerGallery.Selected.ID

6 REPLIES 6
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gargoolgala,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. Even though, I set the Required property for some fields in my SharePoint list, when I enter empty value within the required column in my PowerApps app, the Patch() function that you provided works successfully without error. No error message is shown up within the Label control.

I think the formula that you provided is correct, I have posted this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks for the confirmation - thought I was going insane 🙂

I have also noticed a similar issue with the validate function - it does not throw an error if it is missing required fields.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

I am also facing same issue.

Thanks.

dmoorjmalani
Advocate III
Advocate III

This still seems to be not resolved, any updates?

Erramos12
Frequent Visitor

Any update just tried and patching would push thru even mandatory columns are blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,215)