cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stingray
Advocate II
Advocate II

Established app suddenly getting Office365Users.UserPhotoV2 failed: The method 'UserPhotoV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'id' on Runtime

Hi All, ive had a application live for over a year no issues, suddenly today ive had reports of Office365Users.UserPhotoV2 failed: The method 'UserPhotoV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'id' Error on runtime (App loading).

Ive looked though the whole app and can only find a couple instances where im using Office365Users.UserPhotoV2 all are coded defensively i.e. wrapped in an if statement eg If(!IsBlank(varTeamMember.mail),Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(varTeamMember.mail)) but still im getting the Error.

If i turn Delayed load on in settings it gets rid of the Office365Users.UserPhotoV2 Error but then i get a Office365Users.ManagerV2 failed: The method 'ManagerV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'id' Error also defensively coded.

Office365Users.ManagerV2 on load error is intermittent, i get no error in the designer, does any body have any ideas?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

When I had that error I used this and it worked, only change for Your fields:

If(!IsBlank(ThisItem.'Created By'.DisplayName),Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.'Created by'.Email),SampleImage)

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Ahh yes a good shout @Nogueira1306 adding the sample image in the else branch of the if statement, ive added it in the app but still get the same issue. 😞

Thanks

Instead of V2, try the first one

Onlye Office365Users.UserPhoto

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Hi @Nogueira1306, just quickly changed and now got Office365Users.UserPhoto failed: The method 'UserPhoto' has an invalid value for parameter 'userId'.

At least i know the call isn't firing somewhere in the app i havent found. Thanks

stingray
Advocate II
Advocate II

So from @Nogueira1306's suggestion ive used V1 of the Office365Users connector for getting the photo and manager and im not getting the errors.

Seems there an issue now with the V2 versions for now if anyone else is getting this error!

Hi today I've the same issue, I've tried with both Office365Users.UserPhoto and Office365Users.UserPhotoV2error_Picture.png

JimmyWork
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I have had the same issue showing up randomly, have not been able to fix it and happens only sometimes but yes this is an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,862)