cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Event Registration and Check In

We have a number of events in our organization, including an annual employee conference and a second training day that we'd like to build a more automated registration and check-in tool for.

We've used a number of survey/form tools in the past for registration but connecting it to a check-in tool has been more difficult. The last two years we've used extra inventory RFID tags but distribution has been difficult and it's been a bit clunky at times.

I'd like to see if there's a solution we can build within our Office 365 environment that's easier to scale and reuse.

The attendees would typically be all internal users but at times we may have some external users as well (depending on the event).

Ideally, the attendee would register via an online form (either stored to SharePoint Online or on premise if needed) and then they would receive a confirmation email with a QR code and a unique number or ID. 

They could then print the QR code or save it to their phone for the event.

At the event, the QR code would be scanned so the attendee's attendance can be registered for the main event and then scanned again for each break out session they attend.

If they forgot their QR code, it would also be ideal if they could simply provide their unique ID and that could be entered manually.

The data would then be stored back to a SharePoint list for exporting after the event.

I'm thinking each event and breakout session would need a separate list that volunteers could access and quickly scan/enter the information into as people come.

I know PowerApps has a scanner tool now but I haven't seen a way to generate QR codes yet.

Has anyone seen or built a similar solution using Office 365/PowerApps that they could share?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Conveniently enough, I just wrapped up a help topic on QR codes and learned how to generate them myself. Check out this post here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/separate-the-contents-of-a-QR-code-...

This is all doable but it's kind of a broad project. What specifically do you need help with?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,826)