cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheLuckyOne
Frequent Visitor

Every few seconds "Bitte warten" (please wait)

Hallo,

it's not possible to work at my App becuase in powerapps studio every few seconds "Please wait..." appears for months now. And there are always these "working dots" walking across the top of the screen. I can't explain.

Tiemo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I think SharePoint is fine.  I suspect the problem is the multiple Sort statements and other logic you are using.  I would try to get it down to one nested statement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What kind of data sources are you using in the app?  The dots scrolling across the top of the screen mean that something is being updated in the background. 

I'm using a sharepoint list. When I delete the conection in the catalogue "Browsergallery1" it stops. And it doesn't appear, if I create a new Gallery with the same datasource. But why? Maybe I should delete the old gallery and customize a newone.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I don't think its the gallery.  Its something about the attempt to retrieve the items for the gallery using the connector.  That process seems to be taking a long time or timing out.  How big is the list you are retrieving and what are you doing to filter and sort it while its being retrieved?

Hi, you are right. I have the same problem with the new gallery. The List has 40 elements with 90 colums. I am using the folowing to sort and filter  the items:

If(VergangeneEinblenden;Sort(Vermietungsdaten;Veranstaltungsdatum);Sort(Filter(Vermietungsdaten;(Veranstaltungsdatum>=Today()) Or ((Zweite_Rechnung_gestellt & Not(Zweite_Rechnung_bezahlt)) Or (Not(Mietvertrag)) Or (Not(Abschlussrechnung)) Or (Not(Zweite_Rechnung_gestellt) And ((DateDiff(Today();Veranstaltungsdatum) < 42 ) And (DateDiff(Today();Veranstaltungsdatum) > 0) ))));Veranstaltungsdatum))

Is it better not to use a sharepoint list?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I think SharePoint is fine.  I suspect the problem is the multiple Sort statements and other logic you are using.  I would try to get it down to one nested statement.

View solution in original post

There is also very often lots of error messages while using the app about an server conflict and ETAG type mismatch. But maybe this is another problem.

Ok, I am not sure how to reach the same effect with a simpler statement. Maybe it's the wrong place for all the conditions. My idea was:

• to switch between showing only the actual events and all events by clicking a button
  • in both cases always to show events with specific conditions

Is it better to create another page with upcoming events an one with events with specific conditions?

Thanks a lot for helping!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,509)