cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Excel Data won't convert to App Browse Screen

I am very new to Powerapps and am trying to build a simple app that better organizes data from an Excel spreadsheet.

I created the app, and it works to where I can create new data inputs in the Edit Screen and it shows up in the detail screen, but for some reason the existing data sets that were in the excel table did not convert to the browse screen.

I have tried removing formulas, data validation, and conditional formatting, and filled in all blank cells, but it still doesn't seem to work. The excel table is pretty big, with over 100 rows of data. Could this be the reason why? And if so, how small does the table need to be in order to convert completed rows from Excel into a new app? 

If anyone knows why this is happening, please let me know. Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
Super User III
Super User III

What do you get when you put the Table on the Items of a Gallery.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Very new to PA, not exactly sure what that means.

Whenever I create a new form in the edit screen, it submits to the excel table, but doesn't show up on the Browse Screen, as does not the data previously entered on the Excel sheet. Is there a way to get all data from the excel sheet to show up on the Browse screen?

Please give take a screen shot of the Browse Gallery and post.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @AEngleking 

Remove any text that is in the TextInputbox Text property next to the magnifying glass and replace it with "".

Ok. There was no text in the input box. 

Put the cursor on the error (The red error), it will give you an error message. Please state the error.

------------

"The function 'Search' has some invalid arguments". 

Try and remove some of the columns "PCS" ,"Client","Date".

Reduce it to PCS" ,"Client" or only "Client"

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,566)