cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bozopriester
Frequent Visitor

Excel Files Containing Formula Are Currently Not Supported

I am building a canvas app that has a data source using the OneDrive For Business connector, pointing at an Excel workbook. 

OneDriveForBusinessExcelDataSource.png

After getting a minimal amount of functionality working, I saved my app and tried to open it in the desktop PowerApps app.  I received an error stating that "Excel files containing formula are currently not supported."  

ExcelFilesContainingFormulaAreCurrentlyNotSupported.png

I found that particularly interesting considering that a prior posting I found had been resolved, stating that the Excel For Business connector now allowed one to use workbooks that contained formulas.  I am assuming that the connector I am using is one and the same (and has just been renamed at some point). 

Fortunately, my workbook data source isn't very complex, so I created a new, blank workbook, and copied my data into it using "Paste Values" so that there wouldn't be any formulas.  From within the PowerApps web UI, I removed, recreated/refreshed my data source, and saved my changes. 

I went back into the desktop PowerApps app and tried to open my app again.  I am STILL getting the above error...and I am certain that the new version of my Excel data source workbook does NOT have any formulas within it.

What's going on???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Excel Files Containing Formula Are Currently Not Supported

@bozopriester 

Did you remember to REFRESH the datasource?  Go to the left-side menu, click on your Excel sheet, then the Refresh option.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@bozopriester 

Did you remember to REFRESH the datasource?  Go to the left-side menu, click on your Excel sheet, then the Refresh option.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

bozopriester
Frequent Visitor

Actually, in my posting's 2nd paragraph, I mentioned that I had already done a refresh...but thanks anyway! 

This morning I went through the data source workbook and examined every cell in use...there are no formulas.  I also continued to make other changes, then did the refresh again.  It's now working.  I can only guess that it was a "caching" issue (after removing the formulas previously) and that my latest changes and saved version are indeed a new version.

😁

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@bozoprister
I swear, Refresh and Caching are like the “did you try turning it on and off again” of PowerApps, LOL

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,450)