cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Excel OData Data Connection

Hello,

I have an excel file that is connected to some ERP queries via an odata feed. I am building a PowerApp that will use the data in this file to populate some drop downs and provide current accurate data.

My original plan was to have this file automatically refresh and have it stored in Teams where my app could be deployed and connected to its data sources. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to refresh my excel file without manually opening in desktop and refreshing. It also seems that I can only create a static excel connection unless the file is stored in OneDrive.

So, I am here looking for guidance. Am I approaching this solutions incorrectly?
Ideally I would have a live connection to our ERP system that refreshes on schedule to keep data up to date (Once a day) and store the file somewhere it is easily accessible and can be shared. Seems like this will have to be my personal OneDrive where I can then share with the app users. Unfortunate, as it would be much simpler to save the file in Teams/SharePoint and let the team members have access through there.
I know Dataflex for Teams is being launched, does it support any sort of API connections that I could use to populate tables? This could be an area for me to explore.

4 REPLIES 4
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

you can use Automate (Flow) along with powerapps to manipulate excel files

I have not seen any Power Automate actions that will refresh an excel odata connection.
Do you know if this is possible?

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

No I don't think it will. 

That is the main issue I am having is that I need the data to refresh preferably without the need for someone to manually do it each day.

Also, it seems strange that I can not have a dynamic connection to an excel file stored in Teams / SharePoint as OneDrive is the home for these files in the background...

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,464)