cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geotrix
Post Patron
Post Patron

Excel as data source

I have a Check List, with things I have to to every day. I have this list in a table in excel. On my checklist, I have a checkbox and in the excel table I have a column where I wanna save if in the checkbox is a hook or not, I do that with true or false in the excel table. The idea behind that, I know from every device, what I have to do. But the column in the excel table doesn't synchronized. I don't know why, what is my Problem?

9 REPLIES 9
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I tried this out with a simple table in Excel with a T/F column, and used it as a source in a PowerApp successfully.  Can you explain your scenario further?  Is your table formatted as a table so PowerApps will find it?  Do you see the other columns?

Pat

Hi @mahoneypat If I change the checkbox, the true value is not in my excel table.

Hi @Geotrix ,

Save yourself some pain and make the Excel field Text with "Yes" and "No" expected. You can then use this process to link to checkbox to the field.

A better idea still would be to put it all in SharePoint

WarrenBelz_0-1614034878386.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz but is it possible to save only 1 file in sharepoint without any website

@Geotrix ,

You should have SharePoint as part of your Office365 subscription if you are writing Power Apps, then you have the appropriate licence. Contact your administrator and you should be able to create a site.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz I try to create one site, but it was deleted

@Geotrix ,

I am not sure how to respond to that - if you have an Office365 subscription, you should be able to create a SharePoint site, Go back to Excel and look at my solution for the Yes/No field.

@WarrenBelz I can create my own wesbite but my admin delete it

@Geotrix ,

You need to talk to Admin - the business should be determining needs, not Support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,000)