Something unusual is happening with my Excel file, the one that I am using as datasource for a powerapp. I have one field (column) named "PK_Location", which I formated as "Number" (the whole column). This is important to me because I need to use some powerapps functions like "Max", and, if the values are not formatted as numbers, apparently I cannot use these functions. What is happening is that after I add new data to my Excel file using the app, the column format changes from "Number" to "General" automatically.
Please, refer to the image files attached to this post.
This has not caused any problem so far. I can still use the Max function without problems. But I am concerned that this can become an issue in the future. Any idea of why it is happening?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yeah, it works using the function "Value".
It is also a solution to treat all the data as text, and use the "SortByColumn" instead of "Max".
I had a similar problem. Here is what I learned.
If you want to change a field type in an Excel table already attached to the app, you need to disconnect the table in the app, change the field type in Excel, and then reattach the table in Excel.
To be even safer, I've seen instances where I've had to disconnect all tables in the same Excel file and then reattach them post the field type change.
Hope that helps.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT