cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnohelty1

Excel column that has short date entered displays in powerapps as day before due to timezone conversion

I am trying to display the date on a form.  The date is part of a row that is read from an Excel file stored in my OneDrive.  The date in the Excel cell has the value "11/25/2020 12:00AM".  When displayed in the PowerApp form the date shows "11/24/2020 06:00 PM".  I am operating in the central time zone.  I am pretty sure that the difference is PowerApps applying the time zone offset conversion.  Essentially, this makes the date "wrong" when displayed.  Is there some way to suppress the time zone conversion so the date is processed as is?  Is there some other option to display the date correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@tnohelty1 

You can utilize the Timezone function to convert the date to the local time zone:

DateAdd( yourDateColumn, −TimeZoneOffset( yourDateColumn), Minutes)

This should give you the correct value.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@tnohelty1 

You can utilize the Timezone function to convert the date to the local time zone:

DateAdd( yourDateColumn, −TimeZoneOffset( yourDateColumn), Minutes)

This should give you the correct value.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thanks.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,331)