cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remawolf
Regular Visitor

Excel data not showing

I'm trying to reach myself powerapp and I'm trying to create one using data from an Excel table. My connector is One Drive for Business. Everything goes fine at first (making the connection and choosing the table) but then none of the existing data is showing in the gallery. And in other areas, it's only displaying the header line from my table. I formatted nearly 500 cells and am currently only using a handful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
remawolf
Regular Visitor

So after a lot of trial and error trying to create the app with excel, I finally gave up and created a list in Sharepoint with the Excel file and then created the app from the List instead. The data all shows up this way. I still have no idea why it wasn't working just using Excel straight into the app, but at least this way worked. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @remawolf ,

Could it be you have some blank cells in your data source? Try scrolling down in the BrowseScreen to see if you find any populated items. If you do, selecting those will take you to the DetailScreen and populate the fields in the form on that screen as well.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hey @BCBuizer !

There are some blank cells in the excel table. I only entered a handful of test information when I created it. I scrolled in the BrowseScreen but I don't see any populated items. 

Capture4.PNG

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @remawolf ,

Can you then make sure the Text properties of the Title1 and SubTitle1 labels are set for a column that has information in it, for instance: ThisItem.'Video Name'

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

@BCBuizer Yup, they do indeed.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @remawolf ,

And still everything is empty when scrolling down?

If so, please reduce your table size in Excel to take out all the blank entries:

BCBuizer_0-1660287737922.png

@BCBuizer -

I reduced the size of the table to only include the cells with data and tossed a date into the one empty cell. I then tried to create the app again, and still no data displayed. 

remawolf
Regular Visitor

So after a lot of trial and error trying to create the app with excel, I finally gave up and created a list in Sharepoint with the Excel file and then created the app from the List instead. The data all shows up this way. I still have no idea why it wasn't working just using Excel straight into the app, but at least this way worked. 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @remawolf ,

Once again you confirm my belief Excel is a terrible data source 🙂 Glad you got things working now.

Did you still use excel within SharePoint? I have been trying to use excel.. but having the same issue. Trying to work out how to switch to SharePoint?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,497)