Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Excel database format switch

Hi,

I created a Leave Request app for my company with a PowerApps Canvas app. The database is an Excel file stored in OneDrive.

In my company, workers are allowed to take "hour-based" leaves, and every worker has its own number of hours allowed, which can include decimals (for instance, a worker can at most take 13,2 hours of leave).

Therefore, in my database, I have a column with decimal numbers stored in European format - where the decimal delimiter is a comma. I configured OneDrive, Excel, and PowerApps correctly to be able to support the comma decimal delimiter.

Today, after a few weeks of usage of the application in the company, I dived into the database and found out that the database is in a complete mess, as if it ignored the comma delimiter (for instance, instead of 13,2 hours, it shows 132 hours). I suspect this is because some workers in the company are not European and are using the app on a smartphone that is set up with a language whose decimal delimiter is not a comma.

Are you familiar with this issue? Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

Please note that the app only has to read data in that particular column. It writes in another column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,797)