cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excel file in OneDrive adding records from several users

Hello.

I created an Survey app, and is connected to an excel file in MY OneDrive account using the 'patch' formula.

When I use it, the records are added correctly, but when someone (with whom I already share the app) does the survey and save it (sending the responses to the excel file), the record in my excel file is not recorded.

I assume this issue is because the excel file is in MY OneDrive, so the datasource in the app when someone use it, looks for the data source in his/her OneDrive.

So what can I do to get the records from several users into one single excel file in MY OneDrive.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

When you share the app using Excel on OneDrive, you will also have to share any resources used by the app. In this case, you will have to explicitly share the excel file with the users of the app. And the users of the app will need to use the same account (that one that you shared the excel file with) to create their OneDrive connections.

Highlighted

Hi @archanan

That's exactly what I did. I share the file and the folder with the users I'm sharing the app with and the responses are not added to the file.

I tried sahring the file in OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, DropBox and zero results.

This is the formula:

button_OnSlect : Patch(Tabla3,Defaults(Tabla3),{RespuestaId:Text(CountRows(Tabla3)+1),Respuesta1:Slider1,Respuesta2:Slider1_1,Respuesta3:Slider1_2,Respuesta4:Slider1_3,Respuesta5:Slider1_4,Respuesta6:Slider1_5,Respuesta7:TextInput1.Text});Navigate(Fin,ScreenTransition.Cover)

Highlighted

Ohhh, now I'm seeing the problem: the Smiley Frustated emojis I'm using in the formula. 😄

I'm kidding.

Highlighted

SalimMatus,

Is there a tutorial for how to input reponseson an excel shee to a datasource (my specific case is google drive but Sharedrive is fine too).

im also creating a pricing catalog app but would lime ro record prices from the users.

Highlighted

I saw the tutorial and I tried diffrente cloud services to host my SourceData and everytime is the same: the app asks for the users credential, and the app looks to save the data in his cloud, not the SourceData that is in my OneDrive or anyother cloud.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,634)