cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vizpiration
Frequent Visitor

Excel saved on Onedrive not merging changes made through Powerapps

Dear Power-Community, 

The issue outlined below has been driving me crazy over the last week, any suggestions are welcome! 

1. User X uses PowerApps to make a change in Excel table, saved on Onedrive (file is shared with them and allows editing).
  2. User X is able to save and see the change while using the app, refreshing the data source through the app causes no issues and user is still able to see his change.
  3. When I go into my Onedrive where the excel linked to the app is saved I can see modified by User X a few seconds ago. 
  4. Opening the excel through, Open, Open in App OR downloading the entire excel file do not show/synch the changes made by User X.
  5. In this same excel file I just opened, going to 'version history' it shows me a list of different versions of this file, one of them being the recent User X modified version. I can open and view this version and confirm User X's changes have been made to that 'version history archived' file but are again, not showing up in the live/latest iteration of the file on Onedrive. 
  6. If I save/close the live version, which does not show User X's changes, the Powerapp correctly picks up this live version and X's changes are now also lost in the app.

Long story short, it seems that the issue to fix is that Powerapp changes to excel files on onedrive are not merging/synching into 1 live iteration of the file. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Vizpiration ,

Doing a second post actually makes it harder to find your post as it then appears to be answered.

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft as what you are describing does not appear to be normal behavior.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vizpiration
Frequent Visitor

Bump.

@Vizpiration ,

Doing a second post actually makes it harder to find your post as it then appears to be answered.

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft as what you are describing does not appear to be normal behavior.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,533)