cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Excel workbook stored at OneDrive gets corrupted and number formatting changes

I have made a ticket system App in PowerApps, and have regulary problems with Excel database stored at OneDrive.

Issue 1.

Quite often the date format chages from date to XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Get an error message when trying to open the database in Powerapps telling that date format is wrong. When I open the Excel sheet, all data in the Date colomn has changed to X's. It is not possible to change the format back to Clock, and I need to revert back to previous version of the Excel database to solve this.

Issue 2

2-3 times a week all number formatting of the Excel columns changes to General, and PowerApps can't reed the information from the row. THen I have to open the Excel sheet and manually change the format back to Number. This happens for all rows in the sheets containing numbers, even if no data is written to this cell.

We experience quite unstability with using an excel as database for PowerApps. Is ther any known fix for these problems?

Kind regards
Ole Jacob Birkeland

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Excel workbook stored at OneDrive gets corrupted and number formatting changes

I'm having the same problem. Have you found a solution? @ojbirke 

Highlighted

Re: Excel workbook stored at OneDrive gets corrupted and number formatting changes

@Jgreen01  Unfortunately, this is still an issue. I have not got any solution to this, except to use another database as source. If you make the app with Sharpoint as database, this is not an issue.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks, I am looking into getting a Share Point list as my data base now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,059)