Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elseb
Super User
Super User

Excluding a field from form SubmitForm

Hi,

Is there a way of excluding one field from the SubmitForm function? 

I have a form that includes a couple of values and a signature, the problem is sometimes those other values need to be changed and when the form is submitted the signature data is replaced with the blank image in SharePoint.

Is the exclusion possible or will I have to make two separate forms for signature and remaining data?

thank you

Seb

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @elseb ,

Remove the Update of the Data Card, or display the value (if you need to) in a Label on a Custom Card.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

Hi @tonykiefer ,

Just make the Update conditional on the Form Mode, or if you do not want to see it also - on the Data Card Visible

FormName.Mode = FormMode.New

On the Update

If(
   Self.Visible,
   ControlName.Output
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @elseb ,

Remove the Update of the Data Card, or display the value (if you need to) in a Label on a Custom Card.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thank you! I will try it out tomorrow.

Hi @WarrenBelz ...What if you want to exclude a field from a FormMode.Edit...but you need to include the field in FormMode.New?

NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

as stated before, if you dont want a field to be added to the record when the form is submitted, remove the data field value and the update value for the datacard. As for the signature, why not save the signature as Base64 text, thats how i deal will all images being saved into a record. see forum post on turning signatures into base64 text below
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-save-pen-input-image-as-Base-64-forma...

Hi @tonykiefer ,

Just make the Update conditional on the Form Mode, or if you do not want to see it also - on the Data Card Visible

FormName.Mode = FormMode.New

On the Update

If(
   Self.Visible,
   ControlName.Output
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,284)