cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Existing Data in Excel not Populating App

I've created a small app from an existing excel file. The data was already in the spreadsheet and I then converted it into a table and named the table. The App when created pulled all of the correct headers, it adds, edits, and deletes, information, but only new information done through the app, and it will not pull any of the pre-existing information into the app to view, edit, search etc. Did I create the table incorrectly? Did I miss an import setting to include existing data and not just new data? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Existing Data in Excel not Populating App

Did you create the data after you connected your excel as a data source to the app? If so, can you remove the excel as a data source from the app and add it back?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
Highlighted

Thanks for the quick reply.  A portion of the data was created after the connection. The portion after shows up. The portion created before the table was made and the connection was made does not show up.

Also, sorry I'm not sure how to remove and then reconnect the data.

Thanks again for the help!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Click on the datasource on the left side navigation, click on the 3 dots next to it, and click on Remove. And then add the datasource back. Let me know if this helps. (screenshot attached)

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PTurner_CPE ,

I have made a test, and don't have the issue you mentioned.

Although I find out the reason, I believe that is a rare event. you can go to check if there is any value in PowerApps_ID column of your table, if there is , that means your table records is recognized by PowerApps. Otherwise, could you try to delete it and re-create one?

For more reference: Format a table in Excel and naming tips 

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted

Thanks for both suggestions.

1) I've removed and re-added the data link and the result is the same, in fact now it doesn't show the previous entries done through the app.

2) each row in the app is assigned a PowerAppID but still doesn't get pulled into the app

3) for some reason I'm also getting an error that PowerApp does not support excel files with a function in them?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Can you share a sample excel file that you are using? Doesn't have to have real data or real column names, but getting the layout will be helpful in trying to replicate the experience. 

---

Hardit(Haman)

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,887)