Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iantaylor2050
Helper IV
Helper IV

Existing record flashes up, while submitting Newform

Hi All,

I am using Powerapps Newform to submit new record into SharePoint list. When I click on submit button, I can see suddenly a existing record flashes up in the datacard value in the form. 

I tried writing ResetForm(NewForm); in the OnSubmit button. But this causes my powerautomate to fail (Can't find ID) which gets triggered OnSucess of NewForm. 

Any idea how to solve this ?

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Iantaylor2050 ,

I believe this is a bug of sorts (I have seen posts on it before) as the Item of the form refers to the selected item in SharePoint and if you had one selected before, it seem to want to go back to View mode and display that item. The New record is not the one "selected" - it will write it back fine however.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,543)