cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linn93
Helper I
Helper I

Expand/Collapse - PowerApps Nested gallery (Being able to expand multiple Nested-galleries at the same time)

I have a PowerApps Canvas App with a gallery and a nested gallery / sub-gallery, using SharePoint as my data source.
I use a drilldown-Icon to expand the sub-gallery when I click on the drilldown-Icon. My problem is that I am only allowed to expand a single sub-gallery at a time. I need to be able to expand and collapse whichever sub-galleries I choose (i.e., expand multiple nested-galleries simultaneously).

Can anyone please help me solve this issue?

The formulas I use now where I'm only allowed to expand one single sub-gallery at a time is;

Drilldown-Icon (OnSelect): 

Select(Parent);Set(varGlrGoal, glrGoal.Selected.Goal)

Parent Gallery (items): 

Filter(FP_ForretningsplanerGoal, Forretningsplan = varRecord.Title)

Nested gallery / sub-gallery (items): 

SortByColumns(Filter(FP_ForretningsplanerInnhold, Goal = varGlrGoal), "Status0", Descending)

Nested gallery / sub-gallery (Height): 

If(CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) > 0, CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) * 90, 0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just wanted to update this post.

I figured out the solution on how to expand multiple nested galleries simultaneously.

I did the following;

Drill-down-Icon (On select):

Select(Parent); If( CountRows( Filter( col_ParentGoal, Goal = glrGoal.Selected.Goal ) ) = 0, Collect( col_ParentGoal, {Goal: glrGoal.Selected.Goal} ) )

Drill-down-Icon (Visible):

!drillUpIcon.Visible

Drill-UP-Icon (On select);

Select(Parent); Remove( col_ParentGoal, Filter( col_ParentGoal, Goal = glrGoal.Selected.Goal) )

Drill-UP-Icon (Visible):

If(ThisItem.Goal in col_ParentGoal, true, false)

Parent Gallery (items):

SortByColumns( Filter( FP_ForretningsplanerInnhold, Goal in col_ParentGoal, Goal = lblGoal.Text ), "Status0", Descending )

If(CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) > 0, CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) * 64, 0)

Nested gallery / sub-gallery (Visible):

Thank you @iAm_ManCat, I wouldn't have figured out the solution without your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

I cam point you in the right direction and I can point out why it is performing the way it is.

When your Parent gallery's drilldown item is selected, you are selecting that row within that gallery and then setting it to a variable, so every time you click another icon, you are selecting that particular row and setting the variable again, so it is resetting to the new selection.

I think if you instead started collecting the rows of the selected items into a collection (containing the row ID) and then had your sub-gallery based on whether a row's ID appeared within that collection then you could have expanding sub-galleries that remain open. Then have your drilldown icon OnSelect check if an item already exists in that collection by ID, if yes then remove it, otherwise add it to the collection.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Linn93
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @iAm_ManCat,

I'm not sure if I understand exactly how I should create your recommendation, as I am quite new to PowerApps.
I attempted the following;

ParentGallery - Onselect:

if(countrows(filter(selectedResultaterID,glrGoal=ThisItem.glrGoal))=0,Collect(selectedResultaterID,{glrGoal:ThisItem.glrGoal}),Remove(selectedResultaterID,glrGoal=ThisItem.GlrGoal)))

NestedGallery-Height:

countrows(filter(selectedResultaterID,grlGoal=ThisItem.glrGoal))

And everything fails.
Not sure if I understand correctly what the row ID is? What is the correct variable for this? Are you able to help med with the approach to achieve this?

Hi!

Every row in a SharePoint list or library has a unique row ID columns called "ID", so you can collect these to identify which specific row of data you are referring to, however you need a reference to that ID in any child lists by adding a column like ParentID to relate that row to, which I believe you have done the same thing with the 'goal' field in both lists..

Drilldown-Icon (OnSelect), changed to collect or remove items:

Select(Parent);
If(
   CountRows(
             LookUp(col_ParentGoals,Goal = glrGoal.Selected.Goal)
             =0
   ),

// If not in collection then collect
   Collect(col_ParentGoals, glrGoal.Selected),

// If already in collection then remove
   Remove(col_ParentGoals, glrGoal.Selected)
)

Parent Gallery (items), same as you had it: 

Filter( FP_ForretningsplanerGoal, Forretningsplan = varRecord.Title )

Nested gallery / sub-gallery (items), changed to check if that  Goal appears in the collection of Goals:  

SortByColumns(
              Filter(
                     FP_ForretningsplanerInnhold,
                     Goal in col_ParentGoals.Goal
              ),
              "Status0", 
              Descending
)

Nested gallery / sub-gallery (Height), same as you had it:

If(
   CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) > 0,
   CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) * 90,
)

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Thank you so much for your help @iAm_ManCat ,

I attempted the formulas you suggested. It works except for the Drilldown-Icon (OnSelect).

Select(Parent);
If(
   CountRows(
             =0
   ),

)

The issue I'm facing is "Invalid argument type".

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong and how I can make it work?

Yes, I think I misplaced a bracket on the 6th line, that should've been before the equals zero!

Select(Parent);
If(
   CountRows(
             )=0

)

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

I'm still not able to make it work with the formula you suggested. The Issue I'm facing in the App Checker now are "Invalid argument type(Record). Expecting a Table value instead". 

Select(Parent);
If(
   CountRows(
             )=0

)

I tried with the following formula for the Drilldown-Icon (On select);

Select(Parent);
If(
    CountRows(
        Filter(
            col_ParentGoals,
            Goal = glrGoal.Selected.Goal
        )
    ) = 0,
    Collect(
        col_ParentGoals,
        {Goal: glrGoal.Selected.Goal}
    ),
    Remove(
        col_ParentGoals,
        Filter(
            col_ParentGoals,
        )
    )
)

Which does work, and the issue in the "App checker" disappeared. But I'm still only able to expand one nested gallery at the time, and not multiple as I need it to be.

I'm still not able to make it work with the formula you suggested. The Issue I'm facing in the App Checker now are "Invalid argument type(Record). Expecting a Table value instead". 

Select(Parent);
If(
   CountRows(
             )=0

)

I tried with the following formula for the Drilldown-Icon (On select);

Select(Parent);
If(
    CountRows(
        Filter(
            col_ParentGoals,
        )
    ) = 0,
    Collect(
        col_ParentGoals,
        {Goal: glrGoal.Selected.Goal}
    ),
    Remove(
        col_ParentGoals,
        Filter(
            col_ParentGoals,
        )
    )
)

Which does work, and the issue in the "App checker" disappeared. But I'm still only able to expand one nested gallery at the time, and not multiple as I need it to be.

I just wanted to update this post.

I figured out the solution on how to expand multiple nested galleries simultaneously.

I did the following;

Drill-down-Icon (On select):

Select(Parent); If( CountRows( Filter( col_ParentGoal, Goal = glrGoal.Selected.Goal ) ) = 0, Collect( col_ParentGoal, {Goal: glrGoal.Selected.Goal} ) )

Drill-down-Icon (Visible):

!drillUpIcon.Visible

Drill-UP-Icon (On select);

Select(Parent); Remove( col_ParentGoal, Filter( col_ParentGoal, Goal = glrGoal.Selected.Goal) )

Drill-UP-Icon (Visible):

Parent Gallery (items):

SortByColumns( Filter( FP_ForretningsplanerInnhold, Goal in col_ParentGoal, Goal = lblGoal.Text ), "Status0", Descending )

If(CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) > 0, CountRows(glrResultater.AllItems) * 64, 0)

Nested gallery / sub-gallery (Visible):

Thank you @iAm_ManCat, I wouldn't have figured out the solution without your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,941)