cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnygrim
Regular Visitor

Expected Record Value Error

Hi Hope someone can help me.

I have a sharepoint listing that I have created to display budget information,  Within powerapps I have built a dropdown box that searches the ref field that works fine.  Underneath the dropdown box I have a form that should populate the rest of the information from the record chosen by the drop down.

The form item properties has the following:  Filter(Budgets, 'Budget Reference'= budget_ref_dropdown_02.SelectedText.Value)

Im getting the error: 

Expected Record Value

The property on this control expects record values.  The rule produces table values which are incompatible.

How to fix: change the rule to produce a (0) value.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jonnygrim ,

Assuming 'Budget Reference' is a Choice field, you need this

Filter(
   Budgets, 
   'Budget Reference'.Value = budget_ref_dropdown_02.Selected.Value
)

If it is a Lookup, you need this

Filter(
   AddColumns(   
      Budgets,
      "BudRef", 
      'Budget Reference'.Value
   ),
   BudRef = budget_ref_dropdown_02.Selected.Value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jonnygrim ,

Assuming 'Budget Reference' is a Choice field, you need this

Filter(
   Budgets, 
   'Budget Reference'.Value = budget_ref_dropdown_02.Selected.Value
)

If it is a Lookup, you need this

Filter(
   AddColumns(   
      Budgets,
      "BudRef", 
      'Budget Reference'.Value
   ),
   BudRef = budget_ref_dropdown_02.Selected.Value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your help.  The dropdown field is a lookup to select the record.  Sadly neither of these commands worked.  Any further ideas?

Could you show the code the it on the ITEMS property of the dropdown please. I will then see if I can get something working for you 🙂

@jonnygrim ,

When you say "did not work" (it will be the second example I posted), did you get an error or simply not the results you expected. Also is this a single Choice or multi-choice Lookup?

My mistake, i had entered it into the wrong place.  the filter worked perfectly thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,789)