cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUZZSAWLOUIE
Frequent Visitor

Expected Text Value in label

Hello Community,

I am trying to display a Sharepoint field (SelectedSolution) in a label in Powerapps. The Sharepoint field is a single line text.  In Powerapps, I have the Text property pointing to the list item 'OP Opportunity Qualification'.SelectedSolution but I get an "Expected Text Value" error.

I tried 'OP Opportunity Qualification'.SelectedSolution.Value, 'OP Opportunity Qualification'.SelectedSolution.Text, with no success. I even tried to create a collection of that list and pull the item from there with same result.

If the Sharepoint field is a text field, what am I missing?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @BUZZSAWLOUIE 

For a label to show a field value in its Text property, You have to specify the record being looked at.  If the table is in a gallery you can use Gallery1.Selected.SelectedSolution, If 'OP Opportunity Qualification' is the Items property of  a dropdown, The label property would be Dropdown1.Selected.SelectedSolution, If you just want to get the First one in the list. First('OP Opportunity Qualification').SelectedSolution

View solution in original post

@BUZZSAWLOUIE

Even though your collection is only one record, PowerApps treats it as a table.  So wrapping it in First() will tell PowerApps it is a record.

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @BUZZSAWLOUIE 

For a label to show a field value in its Text property, You have to specify the record being looked at.  If the table is in a gallery you can use Gallery1.Selected.SelectedSolution, If 'OP Opportunity Qualification' is the Items property of  a dropdown, The label property would be Dropdown1.Selected.SelectedSolution, If you just want to get the First one in the list. First('OP Opportunity Qualification').SelectedSolution

BUZZSAWLOUIE
Frequent Visitor

Well that makes sense. However in the case where I created a collection, the collection was filtered to a single row in the list. I created a collection called _Solution and in the text property used _Solution.SelectedSolution and got the same result.

This is not tied to a gallery so how would one go about isolating the record in the list, use a filter?

Mark

So 

@BUZZSAWLOUIE

Even though your collection is only one record, PowerApps treats it as a table.  So wrapping it in First() will tell PowerApps it is a record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,166)