cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_H
Advocate I
Advocate I

Expected table value when using drop downs and editing the form.

Hi can anyone help, this is driving me mad!!

I have a simple app for collecting some asset information:

Wayne_H_0-1651677689002.png

The problem I am having is with the comboboxes.  Type and size dropdown options are from sharepoint list B, Unit size and service are choices from Sharepoint list  A, the data from all dropdowns are stored in sharepoint list A.  Size is a cascading dropdown dependent on 'type'.  I can use the app to collect data with no problems.

The issue.  When editing the form from the app Type & Size are replaced with the top items from their dropdown lists, the data inputted originally is not displaying (Unit status and service are fine (as shown above)).

Type Dropdown Items  --->  Distinct(FireTypeCascadingData,Title)

Size Drop down items --->   Filter(FireTypeCascadingData, Title = ComboBox1.Selected.Result)

Unit Status Items --->           Choices([@EXTAssetList].'Unit Status')

Type Update ---> ComboBox1.Selected.Result

I suspect it has something to do with the problematic dropdowns being a 'Result', but I don't know what to do do about it, I cant use DefaultSelectedItems as parent.default as I get this response:

Wayne_H_2-1651678350305.png

So what do I do?  I'm completely stuck and not sure what to do?  

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Wayne_H 

Take a look at Shane Youngs video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjs0ZsnJZXo .  Personally, I only use single line of text, number and date/time column types in my apps.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,406)