cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhd4440
Level: Powered On

Expense Report APP - Reporting Question

Hi Experts, 

I'm using the Expense Report template https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/expense-report-install to create an app for ER submissions.

The only challenge I have is that I need a way for our finance team to view a report of all approved expenses say for the past month in a nice excel report. I'm a newbie at this. Can anyone walk me through what we need to add to pull this report? I'm not an Excel or SharePoint expert. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Expense Report APP - Reporting Question

Hi @jhd4440 ,

Do you want to know how to design data source for  Expense Report APP?

Actually, this is an example app that our official doc has described in details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/expense-report-install

Please notice the "Create the Expenses list" part and "Create the LineItems list" part.

These two parts describe how to design these two sharepoint lists in details.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jhd4440
Level: Powered On

Re: Expense Report APP - Reporting Question

Hello @v-yutliu-msft - thanks for the response. Yes I'm using that app template you linked to create my app. When an expense is submitted, I need the approvers to be able to see the details of the submission without having to go outside of the approval email if possible. What I'm hoping to achieve is the following:

2020-01-08 21_52_30-Power Apps and 8 more pages - Personal - Microsoft Edge.png

This doesn't work for me though. I get an error stating:

"The inputs of template action 'Condition' at line '1 and column '2335' cannot reference action 'Start_and_wait_for_an_approval'. The action 'Start_and_wait_for_an_approval' is nested in a foreach scope of multiple levels. 

Below is a screenshot of all the conditions and actions. 

2020-01-08 21_47_31-Power Apps and 8 more pages - Personal - Microsoft Edge.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,469)