cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikongarato
Frequent Visitor

Experimental Feature "Record scope one-to-many and many-to-many relationships" - is it correct for what I need?

Hi everyone!

I saw the feature in the title and I was wondering if it might help me to achieve the goal of my app.

I have a record identifying a phisical object and I need to know where to store it in a warehouse. I am building an app that guides the user to find the recommended location for it and manage operations. One of the key elements for this filtering operation I will do is to check where other objects with the same characteristic are located and recommend those locations first. Unfortunately the characteristic to leverage on the filter is stored in another entity which is not directly related to this record. I try to explain:

MyRecord has to to go a location. I need to fill out the "characteristic" of this location by inheriting it from a record which is as so:

Characteristic is stored as a LookUp field in Entity A that has a related Entity B. From Entity B record we create an Entity C record for which MyRecord is a child record.

Scenario: I place MyRecord1 in Location1. In Location1 the app sets the "characteristic" field. Once I have to store MyRecord2 the app will show me first a location next to one with the same characteristic as the one I am trying to place.

At the moment in my app, once I select the "MyRecord" i set a series of Variables records for the Entiy C, B and A.

Therefore I am wondering if this experimental feature might help me in any way or if I should stick with the way I am doing it now or, as last resort, repeat the necessary Characteristic directly in "MyRecord" (not truly desirable).

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,338)