cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_Fan

Export Chinese words in correct format

Since I need to export data into excels from PowerApps, I applied Power Automate as a media.

But all Chinese codes were exported in a wrong format.

I think I need to use UTF-8 to recode these words, but I have no idea where to change the setting.

This is how data looks like if I open the csv file directly which is in wrong format:

Karen_Fan_0-1669971420805.png

This is how data looks like if I save the csv file as txt and open it in the ANSI format which is correct:

Karen_Fan_1-1669971515318.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @Karen_Fan 

I did try to replicate your method and can simulate a similar issue as yours.

I found this solution on this page and can confirm that this might be the fix to your issue.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-a-csv-file-that-uses-UTF-8-character-encod...

Update that part of your Automate to

concat(uriComponentToString('%EF%BB%BF'),body('Create_CSV_table'))

This code makes the CSV with UTF8 encoding.

cha_cha_0-1670212295833.png

✔️
Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

🔗
🕸bistek.space  🐦 @cha_bistek  📺 @BisTekSpace 

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @Karen_Fan 

Can you share how you are filling the export data? We need to distinguish whether it went wrong with Power Automate or Power Apps encoding. Below is how you address it with Power Apps.

When you send data to PowerAutomate, use the Language parameter in the Value function. For example below. This is to ensure that the encoded language is right.

8b0ba493-feff-46de-9a8d-b18afb0268ce.png

If ever it's a PowerAutomate issue, I saw in this thread that UTF8 is unsupported but this is last year, so it might have been added/rectified this year. Will do further research and update my response.

✔️

🔗

Hi @cha_cha 

This is my PowerApps code of the export button:

Karen_Fan_0-1670200972636.png

This is Power Automate flow corresponding to the export button:

Karen_Fan_1-1670201021534.png

cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @Karen_Fan 

I did try to replicate your method and can simulate a similar issue as yours.

I found this solution on this page and can confirm that this might be the fix to your issue.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-a-csv-file-that-uses-UTF-8-character-encod...

Update that part of your Automate to

concat(uriComponentToString('%EF%BB%BF'),body('Create_CSV_table'))

This code makes the CSV with UTF8 encoding.

cha_cha_0-1670212295833.png

✔️

🔗

Hi @cha_cha 

It works! Thanks so much!

Karen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,458)