cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huyuepeng0328
Regular Visitor

Export PA data towards Excel for Buiness

Hi everyone,

I have followed the tutorial on the forum, creating an Excel file on Onedrive and connect that to my PA. I had successfully converted user's input into collection however I have no idea how to convert into Excel compatible files. I tried flow but not really sure what to fill in in expression to extract the data saved in collection (in other words, don't know what to fill in 'date', 'shift' etc. to let the data display in excel). The screenshot is attached.

I had also tried to use patch to update the data but it never works... I am not a programmer so I think I had done something wrong but can't realize. Please help.

Thanks everybody.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Export PA data towards Excel for Buiness

Hi @huyuepeng0328,

Did you mean that you want to using data from PowerApps to create local excel file? If so, then I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved so far. You cannot create files or data sources from PowerApps. You can only add data sources to PowerApps and manage the data within PowerApps. You can add local excel table as data sources in PowerApps though.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
huyuepeng0328
Regular Visitor

Re: Export PA data towards Excel for Buiness

Hi V-monli-msft,

Thanks for response first.

Not even Excel online on Onedrive or somewhere?

If that is the case what is the point for setting a "collection" function in PA? Is it just for Gallery use?

Besides I have seen this video about export to PA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebzQcpmQJc

Though there are a lot of bugs when I tried by myself.

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,917)