cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Export and Import Powerapp issue with multiple flows

Hello,

I have build app on X tenancy which connects to SQL server and has multiple MSFlow associated. Just for numbers I have around 15 screens and 50+ odd msflow associated with this 1 app.

App is working good and company is now wanting this to implement on client Y tenancy. 

I was able to export app+msflow in zip file from X tenancy and was able to import on Y tenancy as well as configured SQL connector. X is development environment and Y is client/production environment.

While importing I found it was bad experience i had to edit setting against each 50+ msflow item and map it to either Create/Update.

We are in phase of adding few more changes and MsFlow to app. I am wondering if there is any way i can bypass reconfiguring/mapping those flow again each time. Right now it is taking me approximately 1 hour to map App and each flow to existing items.

Looking for urgent help.

Thanks

Priyank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankedart ,

Do you want to import your app+msflow zip file into another tenant/environment without bypass reconfiguring/mapping those flow again?

If you want to import your app+msflow zip file into another tenant/environment without bypass reconfiguring/mapping those flow again, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

When you import your app+msflow zip file from one Environment to another Environment, the previous connection between the canvas app and the flow would be invalid, you need to re-associate the connection between the canvas app and flows.

As an alternative way, Solution may could achieve your needs. But there are some known limits you need to know firstly before using Solution to move canvas app and flows from one Environment to another one. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/solutions-overview#known-limita...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @priyankedart ,

By reading through the entire description you provided I understood that you created app and flow individually so there is no other way than configuring manually every time because of the approach you followed while creating the project.
The best practice is create a Solution and create an app and flow from there so when you want to migrate you can export and import the solution. This is a smoother way.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @priyankedart,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankedart ,

Do you want to import your app+msflow zip file into another tenant/environment without bypass reconfiguring/mapping those flow again?

If you want to import your app+msflow zip file into another tenant/environment without bypass reconfiguring/mapping those flow again, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

When you import your app+msflow zip file from one Environment to another Environment, the previous connection between the canvas app and the flow would be invalid, you need to re-associate the connection between the canvas app and flows.

As an alternative way, Solution may could achieve your needs. But there are some known limits you need to know firstly before using Solution to move canvas app and flows from one Environment to another one. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/solutions-overview#known-limita...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi,

Is there any scripts available that I can use to automate from my local machine without creating solutions, ALM tool and Azure devops?

I am still struggling to upload my large automation tool created in PowerApps, Flow and SQL database. Since I need to regularly deploy application to multiple tenancy. Going through route of manually upload file is causing lot of manual management and efforts.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Priyank Bhat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,940)