Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacquesOlivier
Helper I
Helper I

Exporting PowerApp breaks flow connection

Hi,
When I export and Import a managed Power App into a different environment the connection to the flows initiated in the Apps no longer works for other users. It still works for me the Owner in all environments.

I've noticed that in the "Dev" environment it shows the connected flows, in Test it shows "There are no flows used in this app" even though the works for me (the owner)  

Dev:JacquesOlivier_0-1622807193656.png

Test:  JacquesOlivier_1-1622807269024.png

Thank you for any assistance in resolving this issue.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@JacquesOlivier 

For users to be able to Run Flows from within PowerApps, the following Permissions need to be set in the Customization tab (in the Target Environment).

CNT_1-1623027289472.png

View solution in original post

@JacquesOlivier You have to go to the Power Apps Admin Centre to do that (you'll have to be an Admin).

CNT_0-1623072940429.png

10 REPLIES 10
zmansuri
Super User
Super User
CNT
Super User
Super User

@JacquesOlivier 

For users to be able to Run Flows from within PowerApps, the following Permissions need to be set in the Customization tab (in the Target Environment).

CNT_1-1623027289472.png

Thank you, I've watch the video but he is not using managed solutions - I should have said that in my original post
I was hoping to do the "promote" to the test environment using managed solution as this will prevent updates being made in the Test and Production environments that did not go through a deployment lifecycle.

@JacquesOlivier Automatic reconnection of Flows in imported managed solutions was introduced only about 2 months ago. Did you try what I had mentioned? It works for managed solutions.

JacquesOlivier
Helper I
Helper I

I've tried finding for that screen but may not have the correct privilege level as I cannot find it.
Also note I'm not using the DataVerse or CDS, it is just a Canvas App (not sure if it makes a difference) 

@JacquesOlivier You have to go to the Power Apps Admin Centre to do that (you'll have to be an Admin).

CNT_0-1623072940429.png

JacquesOlivier
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you. I'll check with our Admin

@JacquesOlivier Any luck with this?

Sorry for the delay, I have not had a response from our admin.
I have politics to sort out, "joys of working in a corporate"
I've marked you answer as the solution. 

Thank you for your assistance 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,282)