Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Exporting Signature to PDF

Hi, 

I am trying to export a signature from PowerApps to a PDF that I am sending to my OneDrive. 

I am really not sure where to start. I have written the HTML to export all other fields so I would need help writing the HTML to export the Signature to the PDF. 

Thanks in advance! 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Exporting Signature to PDF

@jviernes 

Does the similar topics below help?

Signature image not showing on pdf file 

PowerApps Signature to Sharepoint List - Solved

Also

What format is your Signature in? Are you trying to get the image of the signature in the PDF file?

You can try and use Microsoft Power Automate as well to help with this. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

@dynamicsedge 

I am just using the built-in Signature box in powerapps. I am not sure what format that is in. Those posts don't give too much detail about how to export the signature. I would just need to export an image of the signature to an HTML which then gets converted to a PDF. Then I have a Power Automate that converts that HTML to a PDF.

Any help of where to even start will be awesome. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @jviernes 

Can you try to refer to the below sources:

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@jviernes 

You can pretend it's just like any other Image control and reference YourPenInput.Image

Check out example below where we take the Signature of Pen Input, and actually place the Image into an Image Control!

SigImage.png

So you can just do it the same way you would if it were an Image Control instead of a Pen Input.

@jviernes wrote:

@dynamicsedge 

...I would just need to export an image of the signature to an HTML which then gets converted to a PDF. Then I have a Power Automate that converts that HTML to a PDF....

Send that image to a Power Automate Flow and you can use the Flow to achieve the rest.

You can use YourPenInput.Image as one of the arguments to your Flow - it should be the contents of your signature as an image - then you may have what you need and what you asked for at that point

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

@dynamicsedge 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Currently I have all of my form data being written into HTML in the PowerApp. Once the data is entered in the PowerApp, the HTML is submitted and that kicks off a Power Automate Flow that will convert this HTML to a PDF and store the PDF in SharePoint. 

If I write a Power Automate Flow to convert that PenInput into an image for my PDF, how would I link the two Flows in order to get the image on my PDF with my my data?

Is there a way to display that PenInput as an image in HTML before I kick off the flow that converts HTML to PDF?

Thanks!  

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@jviernes 

You probably can do all of it in just one Flow.

Try converting the Image to base64 string at some point in your Flow and putting the base64 string into HTML - then converting to PDF.

For more details:

Try some combination of the stuff done in this thread:

Generated PDF not showing Base64 Image

and also consult possibly this thread for context:

Get File Content as Base64

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-content-type

In your mind for the below: replace the words "Azure Logic Apps" with "Power Automate" (or Flow) - these expressions should be supported in Power Automate

Converter functions

To preserve some data types, Logic Apps converts content to a binary base64-encoded string with appropriate metadata that preserves both the $content payload and the $content-type, which are automatically converted.

This list describes how Logic Apps converts content when you use these functions:

• json(): Casts data to application/json
  • xml(): Casts data to application/xml
  • binary(): Casts data to application/octet-stream
  • string(): Casts data to text/plain
  • base64(): Converts content to a base64-encoded string
  • base64toString(): Converts a base64-encoded string to text/plain
  • base64toBinary(): Converts a base64-encoded string to application/octet-stream
  • dataUri(): Converts a string to a data URI
  • dataUriToBinary(): Converts a data URI to a binary string
  • dataUriToString(): Converts a data URI to a string

Does above help?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am working on a combination of all of the suggested solutions. 

Looks like converting to base 64 is the easiest path. 

I will keep you updated on what works the best. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi jviernes,
have you found a solution to your problem as I also run into the very same issue.

Thank you and best regards

JHL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,380)