Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PipManifold
Resolver I
Resolver I

Exporting data from PowerApp, Flow "can't find table" for external user

Hi there,

I have built a registration app using PowerApps and it is working well, however, the Flow used to take the data from the PowerApps and put it into an excel sheet is not working properly for external people to the SharePoint group where the excel sheet is stored.

I have given everyone at my organization permission to use the app, however, we obviously want the Excel sheet to be private to our team.

When a person in the team submits the form, the flow runs correctly and deposits the responses in the Excel database.  When an external person submits the form it says it can't find the table.

"status"404,
  "message""No table was found with the name '{802BB441-8C12-4EFB-B5B7-D08ABF017D07}'.\r\nclientRequestId: c4225f12-97a1-4f8d-9847-223fe4bad777\r\nserviceRequestId: 0854a315-ccb0-4486-aeb9-f459a91fa54f",
  "error": {
    "message""No table was found with the name '{802BB441-8C12-4EFB-B5B7-D08ABF017D07}'."
  },
  "source""excelonline-ae.azconn-ae.p.azurewebsites.net"

What confuses me is the Flow triggers fine and it pulls the data out of the app, it's just the putting the responses into the table which is an issue.

I presume that it is a permissions issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers

Pip
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
poweractivate
Super User
Super User

@PipManifold 

Quickest solution we can think of is have the Flow which requires the permission, go ahead and call an HTTP Action that instead calls another Flow - and from that other Flow which has HTTP Request as the trigger, issue the SharePoint and Excel actions from that other Flow only - in that one, the Actions' connections for Excel and SharePoint actions in particular should be already pre defined while being logged in as any user of your choice who you know it is working for. 

When the first Flow is shared with the other user, once the Flow calls the other one, the permissions from the Connectors for the second Flow are no longer tied to who you share the first Flow with in this case, but who the Connection is tied to when the second Flow was built so it could work as a simple solution to this.

There are also variations to the above - the key point is to simply solve the problem by not requiring the connections pertaining to Excel and SharePoint to be directly signed into as a hard requirement. If that is a hard requirement, you will need to use a different approach where you make sure those connections work for external users - this may be more involved.

Please check carefully the above, make sure it does not present any potential security problem for your scenario. It should not though for most cases - the second Flow is still going to be mainly intended only for people who are allowed to run the first Flow - so this should be fine - just make sure not to share the second Flow with anyone - just have it turned on but not shared - only share the first Flow.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Super User
Super User

@PipManifold 

Quickest solution we can think of is have the Flow which requires the permission, go ahead and call an HTTP Action that instead calls another Flow - and from that other Flow which has HTTP Request as the trigger, issue the SharePoint and Excel actions from that other Flow only - in that one, the Actions' connections for Excel and SharePoint actions in particular should be already pre defined while being logged in as any user of your choice who you know it is working for. 

When the first Flow is shared with the other user, once the Flow calls the other one, the permissions from the Connectors for the second Flow are no longer tied to who you share the first Flow with in this case, but who the Connection is tied to when the second Flow was built so it could work as a simple solution to this.

There are also variations to the above - the key point is to simply solve the problem by not requiring the connections pertaining to Excel and SharePoint to be directly signed into as a hard requirement. If that is a hard requirement, you will need to use a different approach where you make sure those connections work for external users - this may be more involved.

Please check carefully the above, make sure it does not present any potential security problem for your scenario. It should not though for most cases - the second Flow is still going to be mainly intended only for people who are allowed to run the first Flow - so this should be fine - just make sure not to share the second Flow with anyone - just have it turned on but not shared - only share the first Flow.  

PipManifold
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks so much @poweractivate. Worked great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,579)