cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConnellP
Frequent Visitor

Exporting to Excel, Email

Hi, 

I'm really struggling! I've built a PowerApp off the back of a really extensive List. 
It's split into 8 different screens (one for each section). People can go in, create a new record, answer the questions, save and exit which is fine. 

But, I need two different options. I need people to be able to export all their current answers to Excel. Then I need people to be able to share their current answers with other users and for the other user to continue filling in the list. So for example, a Manager completing half the form then sharing it with an employee for them to continue it. Can this be done? 

Really struggling and getting a bit panicky because deadlines keep moving!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ConnellP ,

Do you want to submit form in two ways, one to submit all at a time, one to make different users to fill in and after all the data has been filled in the form will submit?

The first one is easy, just using submitform function or patch function is ok.

The second one means that you need to save the data that user1 fill in and display it in user2's form.

Could you tell me do different users use different computers to run the app?

1)If they use the same computer to run the app, you could save the un-completed form's data in local, then when user2 run the app, load the saved data in powerapps.

Please try LoadData() and SaveData() function.

Here's a blog about how to build this kind of app for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps

2)If different users use different computers, I'm afraid it's not supported to save data in powerapps  and load it when another user use the app.

In this situation, I suggest you update the form to your excel when user1 completing fill in his part of the form.

And then, load this form's data to make user2 to edit this existing un-completed form.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@ConnellP 

Yes.

You may want to leverage Power Automate for this as you may find it a little easier to do in there at least partially.

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ConnellP ,

Do you want to submit form in two ways, one to submit all at a time, one to make different users to fill in and after all the data has been filled in the form will submit?

The first one is easy, just using submitform function or patch function is ok.

The second one means that you need to save the data that user1 fill in and display it in user2's form.

Could you tell me do different users use different computers to run the app?

1)If they use the same computer to run the app, you could save the un-completed form's data in local, then when user2 run the app, load the saved data in powerapps.

Please try LoadData() and SaveData() function.

Here's a blog about how to build this kind of app for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps

2)If different users use different computers, I'm afraid it's not supported to save data in powerapps  and load it when another user use the app.

In this situation, I suggest you update the form to your excel when user1 completing fill in his part of the form.

And then, load this form's data to make user2 to edit this existing un-completed form.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,690)