cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Extend my trial?!?!

No, I don't want to extend my trial, but this is the only option I have!?!

Can someone explain why this is... None of my apps are using a premium connector per my looking at everything I am using. Unless I'm missing it, I just don't understand. Please, someone help.

Heres a pic of the message it's giving me and all my co-workers.

12345.png

Thanks...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Extend my trial?!?!

Hello, 

Looks like the user of the app in snapshot has just the office license and P2 trial. As per the recent changes to the PowerApps license entitlements that come with office license, this is expected. Please see this link for more details. 

Let me know if that is not the case.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@SrikumarNair wrote:

Hello, 

Looks like the user of the app in snapshot has just the office license and P2 trial. As per the recent changes to the PowerApps license entitlements that come with office license, this is expected. Please see this link for more details. 

@SrikumarNair
    This was the case and frankly, my IT manager and I are very disappointed that this changed. We love using PowerApps but will be seeking other alternatives due to this. If my company was either smaller or much larger it wouldn't be a problem to spend the extra 7 dollars but we are a shop of 42 employees, where only 25-30 employees use PowerApps. We aren't about to fork over the extra 2,300 a year... Very Disappointing @PowerappsDevTeam...

Thanks, 

@SrikumarNair 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is this because I have a SQL Server connection linking to an on-premise data gateway or what's going on. 

This issue started around December 2018.

@Mr-Dang-MSFT 

@Anonymous 

@v-yamao-msft 

@CarlosFigueira 

@AndyPennell 

@sarafankit 

@cherie 

@carlosag 

@tahoon 

@murali 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've been having a similar problem (beginning at roughly the same time, I think). I'm not sure what's causing mine but you could start troubleshooting by reviewing your subscription settings and maybe asking admins to verify that you're in the correct securities group.

Check Subscriptions.PNG

I'm following this post in hopes that you'll find a solution here but I'll also get back to you if I find a solution on my end!

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yeah, I have looked at that, (I am admin) and nothing here is causing the issues. I did find this though.. I think this is what is causing me to have issues because we are using the on-premise data gateway... this needs to be changed back if this is truly giving me grief.

12345-2.png

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@SrikumarNair wrote:

Hello, 

@SrikumarNair
    This was the case and frankly, my IT manager and I are very disappointed that this changed. We love using PowerApps but will be seeking other alternatives due to this. If my company was either smaller or much larger it wouldn't be a problem to spend the extra 7 dollars but we are a shop of 42 employees, where only 25-30 employees use PowerApps. We aren't about to fork over the extra 2,300 a year... Very Disappointing @PowerappsDevTeam...

Thanks, 

@SrikumarNair 

Highlighted

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed by @SrikumarNair.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,955)