cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlistairZammit
Frequent Visitor

External Users Only Able to View Data Inserted themselves and not data inserted by Other External Users

Dear All, 

I have been creating an app whereby two separate flying schools can insert their booking slots for visual circuits as you can note from the image attached. One flying school books slots for aircraft starting with FLCON and the other books the rest. Both flying schools write data onto one sharepoint list on a daily basis, and all data has been recorded successfully. 

MyView.PNG

This week, one flying school told me that they are only able to view the bookings that they have submitted i.e. only 2 FLCON flights and they cannot see all the bookings inserted by the other flying school for 10th December (see image attached). What is baffling is that they can see flights booked by the other flight school on other days e.g. 4th and 5th December, but not records that have been inserted from 6th onwards.

Can anyone enlighten me why this is happening? from automatic emails received upon booking, together with the data present in the SharePoint list and the fact that all data sources have been shared with the users correctly, I cannot fathom how to solve this issue as it is imperative that both schools writing data onto the same data source should be able to view all slots for a particular day. 

From my end, I can see all bookings made by both flying schools, but I can't understand how external users can't see the slots booked by the other external users, especially since data is being recorded correctly onto the same SharePoint list and the function that shows data in the gallery hasn't been modified in a while and it is still valid as I have checked. 

Is this a known issue in powerapps? Are there any possible workarounds to it?

Thanks, 

Alistair

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlistairZammit ,

Do you mean that one guest user could only view items created by themselves in SP list?

If so, please check the list's item level permissions in SP list settings:

50.png51.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I have a form within a canvas app that users use to submit their flight slots. When they submit their slots, they are able to see their bookings within a gallery but they cannot see bookings made by another school using the same app. The datasource (sharepoint list) has been shared correctly with all users including the sharepoint site itself. I don't know what else to do. They have been listed as external users in our company's Azure List. Is there a method to make them appear as internal users within Azure instead? 

I have the same settings set within sharepoint as you pointed out above. I have tried to reshare the app with these users in an attempt to reset everything, but I don't know what else to do. All users have a full Office 365 license and have access to powerapps too, so it is really baffling.

Thanks, 

Alistair

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,853)