cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ana2

External user

I want to creat a app, I want that the app users can include data as text and photos.

Do they users need to have a license? If not, how can they access the app?

1 REPLY 1
mtwining1
Helper I
Helper I

You have a few options when it comes to external users using your PowerApp.

Canvas Apps:  If they are within your organization and you created the application within the same environment they would have access to, you can simply manage the permissions of the app to share it to them. Keep in mind you will need to ensure they also have access to any of the data sources you have on the application.

If they are not in your organization, they do need to have a Microsoft account, but you will need to add them as a guest user on the Azure Active Directory (AAD). I believe this link will get you to that function, simply click 'New' to get started adding someone onto the AAD...

https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/ActiveDirectoryMenuBlade/Overview .

Portal Apps: If you are just learning, chances are you know more about Canvas Apps and not as much about Portal Apps. Portal Apps is exactly how it sounds, creates a portal for users to register their credentials for access to the app. This avoids needing to mess around with guest licensing in AAD. This isn't exactly built the same way as a canvas app, so I know I usually YouTube creating a portal power app for some good how-to's.

Perhaps someone else may have a better answer, but that's what I've learned so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,373)